Welcome to 6th Grade Language Arts!!
My name is Lacy Jones and I am excited to be a part of the Bear Branch Sixth Grade educational team. I am delighted to be a teacher, and I am excited to begin another year.
I graduated from Texas A&M University with a bachelors in Interdisciplinary Studies and a minor in History. This will be my third year of teaching and my second with Bear Branch.
Education Philosophy: I believe that every student is important. When given the right environment, students can achieve their fullest potential. My goal is to provide that environment. I also believe that home and school should work as a team in order for children to be truly successful. Teaching is my passion, and I look forward to another great year.
This year I have several goals that I want my students to accomplish by the end of the year and I will need both students and parents help to accomplish these goals.
1. Your student will treat others with courtesy and respect
2. Your student will be organized and prompt.
3. Your student will work independently and stay on task.
4. Your student will learn to love reading and writing.
5. Your student will master strong reading skills in all genres.
6. Your student will develop strong writing skills across all genres.
7. Your student will become curious about what words mean.
8. Your student will develop strong listening skills.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns via email. I am looking forward to a fantastic year!
If you want to know more about me and my procedure and expectations in class, I attached a PowerPoint.
Welcome to Bear Branch Sixth Grade. (The best campus in the district!)
First Bell at 7:16am
1st & 2nd period – 7:20 – 8:53
3rd period – 8:58 – 9:42 (conference)
4th & 5th period – 9:47 - 12:01
Lunches Class Time
A lunch 10:31 – 11:01 11:06 - 12:01
B lunch 11:01 – 11:31 10:36 - 11:01 & 11:35 - 12:01
C lunch 11:31 – 12:01 10:36 - 11:31
6th period – 12:06 – 12:50 (planning period)
7th & 8th period – 12:55 - 2:30
Dismissal at 2:30pm